Sunday, August 10, 2014

~LayingItDown~




"Christians who have given themselves into the care and keeping of the Lord Jesus, still continue to bend beneath the weight of their burdens throughout the whole length of their journey. 
By burdens, I mean everything that troubles us, spiritual or temporal. 
First of all, the greatest burden, the most difficult thing we have to manage in life is self-
daily living, 
feelings, 
special weaknesses and temptations 
that worry us and bring us into bondage and darkness. 
You must hand yourself and all you are over into the care and keeping of your God, and leave it all there. Then rest, trusting yourself to Him, continually and absolutely.
Next lay off every other burden: health, reputation, Christian work, houses, children, business, and servants.
It is generally easier to commit our unknown future to the Lord than to commit the present. 
…'When I take my burdens to Him, I leave them there. If worry comes back, I take it to Him again and again until at last I forget I have any worries and am at perfect rest.'"
                                                                             -"The Christian's Secret To A Happy Life"
 
                                                                                            Written by Hannah Whitall Smith

I'm bathing in this for the next week or so.
I want to be suffocated by this truth and rejoice in the fact that God pointed me here in the midst of my jumbled, messy thoughts.
I don't have to sit and stir in a stupor over why I did this, why I thought that, why I struggle with this,  why I'm dealing with that.
I simply can lay it down.
Lord, You know this is in me but I don't have to stay stuck in it.
I lay it down at Your feet.
Every minute of every hour if necessary.
I am your child…..not bound by what I used to be but free to give you my junk and live in the freedom of being the child you created and love.

"I need Thee every hour, most gracious Lord;
No tender voice like Thine can peace afford.
I need Thee every hour, in joy or pain;
Come quickly and abide, or life is vain."




~stacey

No comments:

Post a Comment