Monday, February 8, 2021

Cancer Again...For Real?!

 Cancer.

In October, 2020, when this unwelcome guest interjected itself into our family's world, I had NO IDEA that four months later, it would make a second appearance.

This time, its me. 

In the last three weeks, I've had a shady mammogram, a second mammogram that confirmed the shadiness of the first, seen an oncologist, had a needle biopsy, had an MRI, seen a surgeon, had a surgery to remove lymph nodes, and am set to have a second, should be final surgery later this week.

Can you believe this nonsense? 

I know...I can't either...but, before you panic, or send me a sympathy card, let me get to the good stuff.

It was caught SUPER early, the treatment is straightforward, AND I don't have to have chemotherapy.

In fact, I would liken it to an ingrown toenail in comparison to what our sweet Abby is walking through...and she would call hers something along the line of an infected ingrown toenail (her words) in comparison to what so many others are going through.

No, it doesn't negate her hard, or my hard, but keeping in mind the suffering of others is a great way to keep your attitude in check.

I cannot adequately enough describe the goodness of God. 

He provides peace in the misery.

He makes Himself near to those who seek Him.

"There's not a place, His mercy and grace won't find me"

I've chosen to put my faith in Jesus, I've surrendered my very life to Him, so whatever happens to me, big or small, really doesn't matter. 

He bought me at a high price, so whatever He chooses to do with me, whatever His plan is, I fully trust it. I may not always be having fun, but He is worthy of my trust.

The Body of Christ, as needy as she can be, have the power and ability to be the hands and feet of Jesus, and I've reaped the benefit of this first hand. 

Little things are big things. Prayer absolutely matters. 

And on a human note, Brad Wall is my hero. That man...I couldn't shake him if I wanted to. (which I don't...I plan to keep him as long as he'll keep me) He's my quarter back, my nurse, my comic relief, my helper, my truth teller...he is as steady as the day is long. They don't come any better.

And my friends and family....I just can't talk about it. If love and loyalty in friends and family is even the tiniest glimpse of the Father's love for us and what awaits us in heaven, then I'm all in. 

God.is.good.


~stacey

p.s. Abby and I are in a club...its very exclusive. We are NOT inviting our sister, Ashley to join. She is not welcome. She can send us hot tea and chocolate, and maybe come to our meetings, but that is all.

p.s.s. Also, can I just ask...what are the odds of...two sisters, 32 and 46, being diagnosed, four months apart, BOTH being caught early??....asking for a friend. 

p.s.s.s Abby is, at this moment, undergoing chemo treatment 5 out of 6...she's my hero. please keep praying for our girl!

4 comments:

  1. ... praying...
    And rejoicing in His love and healing blessings for y’all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful words. Thinking of you and praying for you and yours. -d

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is it possible there is a family gene if breast cancer? It's in mine and we are getting tested now to make sure it had missed our line.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I 100% believe God is working through you and Abby during this "storm" to touch others. Your words are so touching. I love what you said "There's not a place His mercy and grace wont find me". Praying fir you both. Please let Abby know that love and miss her.

    ReplyDelete