Tuesday, July 14, 2020

All The Single Ladies....and/or Guys.

In order for me to write anything longer than about 70 words, I have to BE quiet and I have to HAVE quiet. Things usually ruminate in my heart and mind for a few days before they find their way to the surface. Here I find myself with about 45 minutes of quiet and a few days post rumination. I'm flying as fast as my fingers will type, to get all this out in moderate confidence that one person may take comfort in it.

Listen to me. If you are, oh lets say, age 15 to 20+ and find yourself single or single-ish (yes, I know about how this season works) please let me say this to you. Hear this in the most loving, bossy, confident, comforting, pleading, Momma voice you can conjure up. 

(I'm about to help you out a LOT)

I have been an older teen/young adult before.
I remember WELL wanting more than life to have
"my person"
to "be somebody's"
to be someone's #1
to be picked
to be chosen above everyone else
to always have someone saving me a seat, better yet, picking me up
to have a comfortable partner that I was proud of for every awkward dance, party, or wedding.
It's a big deal and a hard wired desire for most hearts.

If I could take your face in my hands, I would most definitely tear up as I said to you: 
I know. 
I really KNOW. I remember well.
I know the questions of if, when, who, and how, will I ever find someone who chooses me, are questions heavy enough to suffocate your every breath. 
Without a doubt, you will BE PASSED OVER AND WILL PASS OVER more than one person along this road. That guy that you just thought was so cute and funny may pick someone else. That beautiful girl that has you mesmerized may not even know you're alive. 
t.h.a.t.i.s.o.k.a.y
It's really okay. 
This doesn't mean you are less than or that you are unlovely.
Rejection in this sense simply means, wrong person or wrong time....and trust me, you don't want either. <---gag...you DON'T WANT EITHER.

Hear me when I say that the God who authored your very existence is so very able and willing to take care of this part of your life. These tender bits, the deep longings of your most secret heart, He knows  it all. He sees your desires, He hears your tears, and is near to every part of you.

My question for you is this:
Do you trust Him to handle this part of your life? 
Do you know the Lord enough to KNOW that He has this part covered?
I've said it a hundred times...if God cannot meet your relationship needs, then what CAN He do?
He has His hand all over the details of your life.
I challenge you to resist the urge to strive, stress, and try harder.
Instead, rest. Wait. Love. Live.
Know that you are enough. Just as you are, you are enough. The God of the universe made you and has given you the stamp of approval. 
Be patient.
Be fully who you are made to be.
Be kind.
Don't worry about making sure you're seen or noticed.
Be willing to wait and not always get what you think you want. 
Instead, trust God to give you the desires of your heart in His timing.
You know the old adage, "good things come to those who wait"? ..something about that rings true.
(disclaimer...good does NOT mean perfect)  <---BIG differnce
You are not a princess, and he is not a prince but that idea is over rated any way. 
Real, nitty gritty life is where it's at. 

I will never forget being in the hospital after having delivered Emma. I was in rough shape and Brad had to help me in ways I won't even mention. But somewhere in the process, I got so tickled, as he was helping me hobble to the bathroom because I was so pathetically helpless. I looked at my younger sister who was in the corner cuddling my newborn baby, and I said, "Abby. Whatever you do, get you a man who will help you roll your IV pole so you don't fall dragging your numb leg just trying to get to the bathroom."
Real love shows up in the most unexpected ways and places.
Your road will not be perfect or always easy. You may question a whole lot of things along the way, but I am confident of this: If you can learn that God is your source, that only He satisfies, that He loves you and puts desires in your heart for a reason, and that He is near to you every step, then I will be so bold as to say that His faithfulness will not disappoint you.  
Trust Him and WAIT. 
He's got it.
Commit every step to Him and get busy living and loving the people He puts in your path.

~stacey


No comments:

Post a Comment