Thursday, December 29, 2011

~Dusk~


Thursday, December 29, 2011
It's a beautiful dusk, this December 29th. 
Brad and the big kids are throwing a frisbee in the front yard. We all did it a couple hours ago but they can't get enough. And for some reason, in their minds, the front yard is way better for frisbee throwing than the back or side.
Emma is walking around in her Christmas gown that she all but refuses to take off, eating. Yes. I let her walk around and eat. It's a fourth child thing, I suppose. 
We undecorated today. It was fast and furious. I despise it, so the quicker we get it done, the better. I also bought groceries today and when I was asked, "Do you want your milk in a bag?" I smiled, almost laughed, and said, "YES, please!" It makes me laugh thinking about it...
I have had more than 7,000 pictures on my computer. That is beyond ridiculous, so I've been slowly going through them, deleting ones that don't scream, KEEP ME!! So far, I'm down to  roughly 6,800. LONG way to go. 



  
Such a neat gift. Organic pears from Harry and David. Thank you, James and Ashley Mitchell!




    
Their favorites.


Baseball was our game this year.  


                       

I am still enjoying our break from the norm but I feel ready. Ready for ballet to resume, ready to get Jake in guitar and back in golf lessons.
Not ready for school or early bedtimes though. 

*****Edit******
This post is so old but I just thought I'd make it public anyhow. 
Funny thing of the day. If you don't know my six year old, Avery, you really should.
She's a trip. Precioius. Hilarious. 17 stuck in the body of a 6 year old. Complex. Tender headed. Witty. Helpful. Dramatic. And just precious.
This morning, letting the big kids out of school. The back of the Suburban was open, she was crawling from the back to the front, still in her pajamas. 
As she's getting situated, before I pull off, she sighs, and almost under her breath, says,
"I don't want people to see my morning face. It does NOT look good."
LOL!!! I am seriously laughing out loud right now. I would give my right arm to have it on tape because it was so hilarious. 
I have NEVER thought, much less uttered the phrase, "morning face". Although, come to think of it, that's a perfect explanation. A little puffy, crud in the corner of your eye, messy hair. 
A Morning Face. Yep. I know that face, and Avery, baby, I don't always want people seeing my morning face either. But, darling, your morning face is beautiful.

~stacey

No comments:

Post a Comment