Wednesday, November 2, 2011

~Reviewing Wednesday~


Wednesday, November 02, 2011

~Reviewing Wednesday~

Just felt like reviewing my Wednesday......
Pried myself out of bed at a little too late 7:45. 
Got school going by 8:30. ~Impressive, I think.
My sweet friend, Lisa called. The first thing out of her mouth, after we said our hellos was, "How can I help you today? Come get Emma while you do school? Keep them all while you buy groceries?" 
Wow. And she was the second friend to do that to me this week! Talk about a blessing.
I had to resist my Icanhandleitdontneedanyhelp syndrome and replied, "Yes" and "Thank you"!
Maybe I'm the only one who never knew this, but the Taj Mahal was built by a cruel Indian emporer. He constructed it as a burial place for his beloved wife. Supposedly, he grieved so severely that his hair turned white, and he cried so much, his vision was ruined.  It seems strange that a vicious, power hungry man could mourn two years for his deceased wife, doesn't it?  Thanks to "The Story of the World" history books, I'm learning all kind of random historical tidbits! I'm sure to rock the next game of trivia I play so watch out. 
School was done in record time today. 12:45 and we were done. Don't know how. It may have been a small miracle from heaven. Just God smiling down on me maybe. happy
The big kids dressed Emma in Jake's Auburn jersey, hat, and had her parading around holding a stuffed Aubie....the greatest mascot in the SEC. She was a cutie and knew it.  
A couple months ago, while grocery shopping, I saw a man stealing food. I followed him around because I was trying to figure out how to either give him some money or buy what he needed. He had picked up a small pack of bologna and a box of crackers. I then saw a lady give him a few dollars. I followed him around the corner, saw him dart down an aisle for no more than 7 seconds, crackers and meat in hand, and watched him reappear with neither item in his hand. He then, of course, quickly left the store. I just stood there dumbfounded. 
Anyway, same guy was in the store today. This time, he came in with a bag and went to the service desk for something. I don't know....it's just sad and intriguing. As my friend, Philip, would say, "It gives me pause". Makes you stop and think.
Here's a guy stealing bologna and crackers. Not beer. Not a magazine. Not cigarettes. Meat and crackers. Brad says stealing is stealing. He could have used the nine dollars that lady gave him and paid for his crackers. But he chose to walk out of the store with his crackers, meat, and a little cash. Like I said. It gives me pause. 
I fried pork chop, and made turnips and corn on the cob for supper. Avery calls it, "cornabacob". She has no idea it's four separate words.
Kuddos to her, though. She gobbled up the turnips! I couldn't believe it.  She was the only one who did besides her Daddy and me.
I paid bills today, which makes me sweat. 
Spontaneously, Jake said, "Mom, I'm thankful we have a nice house. It looks neat. You know, like our counter tops. I like them how they look."
LOL! Oh that boy is sweet and funny. I just hugged him and whole-heartedly agreed, "Yes, baby, it is so nice to have a great house. It's a good thing." Still makes me laugh. Gotta love granite, I guess.
I am about ready to pitch every piece of candy we collected Monday night. Emma only wants Smarties and I'm just about sick of being asked, "Can I have just onetiny piece of candy?". 
Besides, I don't need one more Three Musketeers in my body. Not one. 
Tomorrow is THURSDAY, which is about as good as Friday! 

 

Can you imagine?!!!


~stacey

No comments:

Post a Comment