Saturday, November 26, 2011

~This and That~


Saturday, November 26, 2011

~This and That~



               



102. Can you imaging being 102 years old?
...The things she has seen...
Born in 1909. 
The roaring 20's. 
The Great Depression.
WWI.
WWII.
Korean War.
Vietnam War. 
She's lived through 19 Presidents. 
She's awakened more than 37,254 mornings. 
She delivered five children. Lost one. Baby June died before she was two. 
She has outlived all her siblings, cousins, three son-in-laws, and nearly all her friends. 
She is a precious lady. I'm grateful to have such a Grandmother.


 Thanksgiving 2011 was a good one. 
               

          


The whole crew minus Emma. (Baby's got to nap.)  


                



 

 


And last but not least, a few Christmas card outtakes.
     

We're almost done decorating, Christmas cards are ordered, the bulk of my gift buying is done. My goal is to finish that up this week when the kids are at school.
The shopping part is not my favorite but I love stuffing cards and wrapping gifts at night. Saving the best for last.
I think we found a home for the dog. He's at his new family's house for a trial period and things are going well. So, with fingers crossed and hopes that it CONTINUES to go welllaughing, Brad is headed to the basement to rid the unfinished part of Easy hair and get things straight down there.
Emma is sleeping, the big girls are at a birthday party, Jake is in his favorite place. Home. He's a man after my own heart. A home body. 
I am going to my closet. For whatever reason, that is THE area. Everything but the kitchen sink gets shoved in there and about four times a year, I have to make a path and re-organize.  

Have a marvelous week!
~stacey

No comments:

Post a Comment