Friday, November 28, 2014

~ThanksgivingThisYear~

Thanksgiving weekend.

Whenever I am fortunate enough to have an easy holiday,
one that "goes off without a hitch"
I always, always, always think of the people 
who have a less than picturesque
Thanksgiving or Christmas 
or whatever the day may be.

I think about the people with the flu...
The ones who have recently lost a loved one...
The sweet grey haired man or woman spending their day alone...
The parents who's kids don't bother coming home...
The soldiers over seas, living in barracks, lucky if able 
to face time loved ones.


I remember the Thanksgiving that we spent sick. All sick.
Avery was a new born baby.
Reese was 2, Jake was 4.
We had flown home from Kansas, excited to spend a treasured few days with family.
Sparing you from the details, 
we "enjoyed" about four nights taking turns
coming down with viral digestion woes. (if you get my drift)
It.was.bad.
But months later, MANY months later,
We were able to laugh about it.
To this day, it is still,
"Remember THAT Thanksgiving?!!"….

I'm not guaranteed that every day will be a happy day.
I am, however, guaranteed that He promises grace for the 
difficulties I am sure to face.
I am encouraged to
"Take no thought for tomorrow…"
And that,
"Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace 
who's mind is stayed on Thee…"

With that in mind,
I purpose to enjoy every minute,
to strive to really live in the moment, and
to not get stuck fixating on the past or the future.

This year was wonderful.
Full of family
Good WoNdeRfUL food
Laughter
A little shopping
6 beds, one sofa, and two pallets were full for two nights 
People were everywhere
Cold weather and cozy fires
Night time snuggles with a four year old with an ear ache.
I missed my brother and one sister not being here but all the grandkids were together.
What an undeserved gift it was.














~stacey





No comments:

Post a Comment