Friday, June 13, 2014

~JustAFewThings~


I had the chance to spend a few days away with just my 10 year old, Reese.
Though technically I spent way more time alone than I did with her.
Gymnastics camp was an all day heaven as far as she was concerned.




I took naps.
I shopped.
I ate.
I took more naps.

In all my time driving through campus and around this neat college town, I learned a few things.

1. Apparently shortie shorts are back in.……FOR GUYS. They weren't cute way back when and guess what? They still aren't.

2. 12 hours completely alone for two whole days is awesome for about 3 hours. Then it gets a little boring.

3. Never complain about the boredom. It is short lived!

4. Naps in a hotel room are the best naps in the whole world.

5. Eating out with only one child is WAY cheaper than four. I mean, there are no words.

6. Wal-Mart is Wal-Mart wherever you go. A quaint little town doesn't make that place even the tiniest bit more appealing.

7. Nine out of ten times, I am decidedly too cheap practical to buy "fun" shoes. But if I weren't, these yellow ballet flats would have come home with me.
Now, these black babies on the other hand…. Aerosoles …..and if that puts me in the category of the elderly, then call me Mawmaw because they are c.o.m.f.o.r.t.a.b.l.e.
Did I buy them? You bet I did.
……..and now that I'm looking at them again……..I should have bought the yellow ones too.
Instead of buyer's remorse, I have resistor's remorse.



8. College students don't even bother looking left or right at a crosswalk. They apparently own the roads, or at least the part with big white stripes that go all the way across. Never mind that I'm driving a 1 ton Suburban. It's a weird thing.


And this. 
It's the tiniest souvenir that I knew she would love. 
I, however, do not.




Happy SumMerTimE on This cloudy, cozy June evening.  

~stacey






No comments:

Post a Comment