Saturday, June 1, 2013

~The S Word~

I just put on facebook that I do not do critters of any sort.
All in one day, thanks in part to Brad clearing out an old wood pile, (at least I hope that's what it was) I saw TWO, got that? TWO scorpions IN my house.
a bird, building a nest IN MY POOL BAG IN MY GARAGE,
and a flying squirrel IN MY KITCHEN.
This is NOT, I repeat, NOT okay.

This beautiful new house we have that I love is quickly losing it's luster.
Just yesterday, I said,
"Brad. If I see ONE snake. Just one. Don't care what kind. Don't care how big. Just one.....and I'm getting a cat." And he half heartedly agreed.
This is a monumental statement because........

We are not cat people. We thought we were dog people but found out that we are definitely not even that. Sad but true.

Brad said it best.

"We have kids. Not dogs."

Four kids is plenty. Don't need anything else to care for.

But. Desperate times call for desperate measures.

He killed a snake IN our garage today.

Never mind that it was small.

Never mind that it was a "friendly" rat snake.

I don't have rats.

I have no use for a rat snake.

We're getting a cat.

I'm not one to do something without the husband's okay......old fashioned, maybe.....but that's how it is.

However, I've declared out loud today, no less that 8 times,

"WE ARE GETTING A CAT." (determined that the more I say it, the more I will wear my highly allergic husband down because I'm c.o.n.v.i.n.c.e.d. that cats keep the s word away.)

That's all.

~stacey




5 comments:

  1. hate HATE snakes! we had those black rat snakes at our place in cincinnati and they were FREAKY!!!

    your new place here is pretty and fresh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amber! Means a lot coming from you because YOU, my friend, have good taste. ;-)
      So when ya movin' in?!

      Delete
  2. I am with you! We have eight kids and no dogs! We tried a dog, once. It didn't go so well. :-/ And three of us are allergic to cats - but maybe we could keep it IN the garage? Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm enjoying your new blog! A flying squirrel in the kitchen? EEEK! Snakes? eeeek! Check the beds and shoes before you get in them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had a dog once too, for five weeks. ;)
    I would rather have another baby than have an animal in my house.
    However, I would highly, highly consider a cat if I were in your position too!
    No matter how allergic I am! It would be worth it.
    Can't believe all of that happened in one day. Yuck!

    Love, Love your header picture! So cute.

    ReplyDelete