Tuesday, June 25, 2013

~Smartest Thing I've Done In A While~



I happen to have a mud room. It's just now, three months into our move, getting my attention.
I found a great burlap covered pin board with cute little nail head push pin things around the edges.

I'm sure I could have covered a board myself for a little less than my Tuesday Morning purchase but let's be honest. I have to have serious motivation, extra time, a burst of energy, and a really great idea to make myself attempt a craft or DIY of any sort.

Case in point:
A friend's daughter spent the night with my girls recently and excitedly asked,
"Ooh! Mrs. Stacey! Can we do a craft later?!"
I just smiled, chuckled, and replied, "uhm, probably not."
In my head, I said,
"Child! You are asking  the wrong Mama! This is Mrs. Stacey here. I can think of another Mama I can drop y'all off with to do a craft. Then you can come back here for popcorn, a movie, and a great bedtime story....But that's about all you're gonna' get from me."

See, it's not that I hate to do crafty things....I actually enjoy it when the mood strikes but that is not a weekly occurrence.

So this mud room. The #1 thing I must have is a calendar. Since I have an aversion to stark white, I really hoped to find an alternative to a white dry erase board and I really wanted to somehow attach it to my cutesy burlap board.

After my Pinterest research and I saw three dozen DIY calendar ideas involving frames, fabric, ribbon, magnets, sharpies, glass, tracing, gluing, and stapling, I'm thinking,
"Please. Can't a girl just get a brown calendar somewhere that will magically hang on a burlap board?!"

My next move was to quit thinking about it. Then came a quick stroll through Target.

There it was. A semi cute flip calendar that goes from July 2013 to July 2014.
Not too heavy (might hang on my board) and not solid white (won't feel like I'm in an office).

Tadaaaa!





Like I said. Smartest thing I've done in a while. Calendar for a year costs $10 and about 7 seconds.

~stacey



2 comments:

  1. Better & easier than a dry erase calendar because all you have to do is flip the page & voila! No markers needed!!

    ReplyDelete