Thursday, November 29, 2012

~First of Christmas~


Thursday, November 29, 2012

~First of Christmas~








  
We are as decorated as we are going to be this year. I love having a candle in each window the best.
I love having timers on them even more, though, so I don't have to unplug a zillion things at 11:00 at night. 
 
Amy Grant's "I Need a Silent Night" has been my motto this year.
I've said "no" to multiple things because I refuse to run crazy this Christmas......or any Christmas if I can help it.
I suppose it's just the nature of having a family of six.
If I do the math, I simply can't physically be and do everything I would need to be and do if I said yes to it all. 
Mom guilt kicked in the other day just for a second, then I came back to my senses. 
It's good for kids to learn that the world doesn't revolve around them and that there are other people to consider. 
Even still, we have three wonderful parties to go to, one ballerina to watch, a school musical to attend, a Christmas parade,
one gymnastics meet, team pictures, and two more weeks of regular school and activities. 
Yes. That's definitely enough.  


Got to take a few pictures of Abby this weekend. 
   

I sincerely hope you are having a wonderful Christmas season.
I love the fact that what I celebrate is not limited to one square on the calendar. 
It takes off the pressure, you know?
Every day is a blessing; a gift.
I am redeemed because of the gift of Jesus Christ.

~stacey

No comments:

Post a Comment