Thursday, November 1, 2012

~The Night Before November 1~


Thursday, November 01, 2012

~The Night Before November 1~

It was such a cozy night. 
We ate. We walked. The kids got some candy. We gave away A LOT of candy. (I asked the kids to go through their stash and recycle what they didn't like  )
Abby and Cameron came over and ate some chili after we turned off the front porch light. (Would love to see how late kids would actually ring the doorbell if the light was left on)
And since when is it okay for 18 year olds to trick-or-treat? I can see 14.....15....maybe.  But 18?! That's almost college. Time to grow up, I think. Not to mention they are HUGE and scare me a little! winky
That being said, there is NO shame in a parent "helping" their child pick out the "best" candy, only to eat it later.
"But Daddy, I don't like peanuts and dark chocolate."
"Oh yeah, honey, it's GOOD! Say thank you to the nice lady and let's go!" laughing

  
~McKenna, the American Girl gymnast~

  
This girl was F.U.N. this year. She put her "buttably" costume on and held on to that wand like it was her most prized possession.
She was an unhappy little thing when she learned she could not sleep in the whole get-up. 

  
Rapunzel. She loved wearing my jewelry and make up.

  
And Ninja dude. He LOVED it. 

  
 
Like I said....cozy night. Think I'll remember this one.



In a matter of minutes, it will be November 1. Where October went, I have no idea. I should really get my summer clothes put away, though. ~It's COLD~
I'm trying to resist Christmas decorating. Growing up, it was completely unheard of to even think about Christmas trees or music until the day afterThanksgiving.
I never complained about that....it was just the way we did it.  I loved Thanksgiving, and still do. I just think four weeks is not enough time for candles in the windows, Nat King Cole serenading me, or getting through all my favorite Christmas movies.  So we'll see how long I can hold out. Not ready just yet, but getting close. 

This is the kind of day I plan to have tomorrow....
  


~stacey

No comments:

Post a Comment