Thursday, December 20, 2012

~Redeemed~


Thursday, December 20, 2012

~Redeemed~

Survived. It was a crazy two weeks.
A marathon of teaching school, going to parties, practices, performances, and lessons. Pictures, errands, wrapping, shopping, cleaning, and prepping for and enduring a home inspection. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This morning was the kids Christmas musical at school. As the sweet, innocent first graders filed in and I caught my Avery's eye, she smiled her toothless smile, waved, and I couldn't hold back the tears. 
My heart is still heavy for the Mamas and Daddies in Connecticut. I am well aware that I have not been given the grace to carry their suffering, so I guard my thoughts, and do my best to choose not to dwell on that day. Instead, I pray for unexplainable grace to rest on their homes.
I pray for peace that passes all understanding.
I pray for smiles to return sooner rather than later.
I pray for mercy and comfort. 
I pray for rest and signs of God's presence in their lives even in this impossible circumstance. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


School is officially out for nearly three weeks.
That is long enough to actually catch my breath.
It's long enough to have some do nothing days and some fun days. 
I have my plans but more than ever, I'm acutely aware that I've only been given today. 
I'll always make plans, but I won't waste today hoping for or fretting over tomorrow.

In the wise words of my favorite pastor ever, Tom Hall,
"Blessings and Joy! You live in a redeemed world."


~stacey

No comments:

Post a Comment