Thursday, June 2, 2011

~Use Your Eyeballs~


Thursday, June 02, 2011

~Use Your Eyeballs~

I would SO like to call the mother that sent her kids to the pool today with the babysitter.
The babysitter that I do not know but who mortified me as she sat in a chair about 15 feet away from the pool, facing the opposite direction, while she passionately texted her sweet little heart out on her cell phone.
The two boys she was "watching"? Have no idea.They were swimming, I guess. I'm sure they were fine but I had to resist the urge to  go pat her little leg and say,
"Darlin', I assume you are getting paid to babysit these children. Babysitting usually requires your eyes and your brain. If you don't actually use your eyeballs, they can't send messages to your brain to tell you to move your 98 pounds in the unlikely event that they should need help." 
I am well aware that awful things can happen to your kids even when the Mama is watching. I'm not above making mistakes.  I've forgotten one of my own at preschool until 5 minutes past pick up time, had one swallow a penny, get a concussion, knock a tooth out, and a host of other things (all on my watch), but dude. I mean at least if your watching them some of the time, they've got a fighting chance! 
~~Aie Yie Yie.~~Those kinds of "babysitters" unnerve me.
Just had to get that off my chest. Whew. Okay, well, I'm off to get my crew fed, and settled down for the evening. I think we'll skip baths. They swam today and chlorine does have some disinfecting qualities. laughing 


~stacey

No comments:

Post a Comment