Thursday, March 24, 2011

~Dropping The Egg~


Thursday, March 24, 2011

Dropping The Egg.





  


I just offered to pay my 7 year old $1 to bathe my 5 year old. She accepted and even suggested helping her with her hair. 
Not a bad deal. For either of us. 

I am mostly incapable of making furniture decisions on my own. So, I enlisted the help of the fabulous Amy Morgan. She's nothing short of amazing and the best part?  She's FRUGAL.  A rare combination in a decorator/designer.
SO! Today, we headed north on the interstate and hit the jackpot. Tomorrow, I am having a table and chairs delivered and I can hardly wait. It feels a little like Christmas Eve.

I can smell summer even though our high today was only 65ish. I've never looked more forward to spring/summer as this year. It marks the end of having three kids in three different schools. It just about killed me and I am thrilled to have them all in the same school next year.
It's been so exhausting that I've not quite, but almost dreaded every little "fun" event. I'm too busy shuffling schedules and getting sitters for the baby to have time to look forward to things like the  preschool "egg drop" that is actually tomorrow.
An egg drop.
You wrap a raw egg in an 8x8 zip lock bag as creatively as you want to and a teacher climbs on the roof and drops it. wtf 
Who's egg will survive the fall unbroken?? Tune in tomorrow to find out!!
I'm guessing it won't be ours, seeing how I've NO idea what I'm going to wrap it in. Brad suggested concocting a parachute. hmm....the competitive monster in me is dying to figure out the sure fire way to save the egg but the mother in me is screaming, "OH MY GOSH. Grab some bubble wrap, stick the egg in it, let it fall, let it break, and let's go to Chick-Fil-A for lunch. IT'S FRIDAY! Who cares!!"
I love my babies. I think they are the most precious things that ever walked the face of the earth. I wonder if I'll feel that way when they are 8, 12, 14, and 16?
The other night, Jake asked me how he will know when Jesus calls him. How will he know if it's really Him or if he's just day dreaming.
Like I said. The most precious things ever. 

~stacey


No comments:

Post a Comment