Tuesday, March 1, 2011

~Funny and Sweet~


Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Funny And Sweet

Tornado sirens blared yesterday evening.
My children were terrified.  My son, who is fascinated by severe weather, in books at least, was sweating and teary eyed from the fear. As sad as it was to see, I found myself resisting the urge to laugh.  (terrible. i know.)
We went to the basement just in case and he went to the bathroom. (nerves will do that to you, ya' know) While he was in there, doing his thing, the sirens stopped which caused my daughter to shout, "YAY! There's not going to be a  tornado!!" From the bathroom, my son calls out, "That's because of ME!! I prayed!! THANK YOU, LORD!!" 
It still makes me laugh. 

Two nights ago, while tucking Jake in, he proceeded to complain about school the following morning. I explained yet again how we HAVE to go to school It's the LAW. I told him he had things he needed to learn and that God gave him a brain that He wanted to be developed. Here's the response I got:
"Why? I mean, who thought up school? I already know a lot of stuff. 12x12 is 144 and 9x9 is 81.". 
If only it were that simple. 

I have a sick 12 month old who has been on my hip almost the whole day. She's getting her feelings hurt non stop. How dare I let her feet touch the floor or have to use the restroom. I love every bit of her sweet, fat legs and unhappy, glassy eyes. She slept with me last night.
Every time I woke up, looked over and saw her curled up body, I realized with absolute certainty, that I will always have the urge for another baby. Mothering is in me. I love almost everything about it. Emma is our last baby and I intend to squeeze all the juice out of every day with her.




No comments:

Post a Comment