Tuesday, March 22, 2011

~40 minutes~


Tuesday, March 22, 2011

40 minutes

I've come to the conclusion that I would blog a lot more if I had a laptop. Brad's old one that is literally hanging on by one hinge is now being put to use thanks to our recently acquiring wireless internet. 
I know. It's ridiculous that we have only just now gotten wireless.
I'd love a sleek, shiny new laptop but this one works just fine...as long as I angle the screen just right so it doesn't fall back while I type.
This morning, I'm being a little self indulgent. It's one of the two days a week my three big kids are all in school. I'm just sitting. Drinking a Coke, even. The only thing I hear is a bird chirping, an owl hooting, (is that possible at 9 in the morning?) and Emma's little music machine in her crib. She's drifting off to sleep.
The calm is so unusual I'm a little uncomfortable with it. I'm fighting my mind going 90 miles a minute.
~~~~~That's one of the things I miss about when my kids were 0, 2, and 4.While I was physically exhausted most days, mentally, things were so simple. There was no crazy calendar filled with pink, blue, purple, and orange appointments and reminders. There was no place we had to be.~~~~~
My den floor is littered with throw pillows. The baby wobbles to the couch and pulls them off EVERY time she spies them in their appropriate place. I'm not sure why I even keep them there.
I think the quiet is gone. The dog is now barking, Emma is still fussing, and my mind is racing. There are errands to run, forms to fill out, counters to wipe off, and pillows to pick up.
It was short lived but I enjoyed this 40 minutes of mine.  



~stacey



No comments:

Post a Comment