Wednesday, August 26, 2009

~18 Weeks & A Swimming Story~


Wednesday, August 26, 2009

~18 Weeks & A Swimming Story~


Nearly Halfway...


 

Is it just me or do I look bigger than 18 weeks? I realize it's been a few years but I have had four children....you would think I would know. Anyway....I had to get my calendar out to see how far along I am. It's crazy to think I'm nearly half way done. Where has the time gone?
We plan to find out what we're having next week. Brad mentioned not finding out. He may as well have spoken in Latin. I have no box for that! There are gowns and onesies to buy and I'd rather not have ALL yellow, white, and green.  But it HAS been so much fun telling him, "That's okay. You don't have to know. I'll just find out and not tell you." I plan to see how much fun I can have with that. I figure I can make it last a least several hours.  




Avery has been my sidekick more than ever with Jake and Reese in school. She was lost the first couple days but now seems to thrive on the time with just the two of us.
  


Didn't mean to cut my head off in every single picture but that's pretty much what happened. My "backdrop" is my partially primed dining room.   It's such an accurate portrayal of the current state of my life. Really is. And it's okay....attempting to learn to be content in whatever state I find myself.  


Quick Mommy story. The other day at the pool, Reese decided to swim to the deep end with her new, much more advanced swimmer, friend. I'm in clothes. It was going to be a quick pool trip but from my perch, I see her half swimming, half bobbing in "over her head" water. The amazing thing was even though she was really struggling, she kept right on going, looking at me every time she surfaced. "Reese! Turn around and go back!", I half spoke and half yelled as I casually walked to the pool's edge. (Trying to remain calm....the thought of drowning is almost more than I can bear and this little girl has already had one episode in water that will never leave my memory) At this point, she really couldn't get back. I waited a few more seconds til I succumbed to that instinctive, no thought, head first dive into the water. There was a really sweet Mom on the steps, dressed to swim, saying, "I'll get her" as she slowly strolled through the water. I figured she would have gotten to her just fine but she wasn't moving quite fast enough to satisfy me! (Plus, she wasn't aware of how long Reese had been bobbing)

 The funniest part was when I got my hands on my second born, she had this perplexed look on her face and asked,
"What did you do that for?"
To which I dryly responded,
"Because you can't quite swim in the deep end, darling."
"But you have your clothes on!"

I just smiled, rolled my eyes, and marched myself to the steps.
They really have no idea how much they're loved, do they?
      

 
                                                                                ~Reese and Lauren~


~Stacey

No comments:

Post a Comment