Wednesday, August 5, 2009

~The End of Summer....Sort Of~


Wednesday, August 05, 2009

The End of Summer......Sort Of.

When I think summer, I think heat. And let's face it, we gotta WHOLE lot of heat left before we hit autumn! However over the years, August has become a school month. "Back to school" clothes now have to be summer things even though the stores and catalogs are bursting at the seem with plaids, sweaters, and wool.

Nonetheless, tomorrow marks the official end of summer for us BECAUSE, my oldest two are going to school for the first time. .
Yep. They are. I still can't believe it myself. I've homeschooled them to this point but this year, we're giving "away" school a try. This is a post in and of itself which just might come later this week.
 But for now, I just have to say that peace is a funny thing. I've discovered you can't always explain why or how peace comes. But I guess that's the nature of true peace. It "passes all understanding".

So our summer recap would look something like this:
~Moving. More moving. Still wondering when exactly we will be completely moved in.
~Being without my Brad for June and July. Not fun.
~Swimming in our great neighborhood pool right across the street...a lot. One of the saving graces of the summer.
~Lots and lots of painting. Walls, beds, dressers, bedside tables, mantles, and ceilings. A couple days ago, Brad said, "I think you paint stuff more than most people." hehe
~Adjusting to a new puppy. Nothing more to say on that one. 
~Basking in the wonder of living so close to family and in knowing that all the years of school for Brad are d.o.n.e.
~How could I forget! Discovering the fact that we're having another baby. 


My camera has taken a back seat to all the craziness of life in the recent past but here are a couple regular life shots from these last few months.


~Riding the "Mountain Goat"~


 
~Sweet Feet~



~Up Close and Personal~


~Can I Touch It?~


~First Theme Park Experience~

It's 10:34 and I'm tired. The kids are so excited about school.....I need to at least not cry when I take them. (For their sakes!) I'm going to miss them. I know that for a fact. 

No comments:

Post a Comment