Monday, August 17, 2009

~What We're Doing.....Today~


Monday, August 17, 2009

What We're Doing......Today.

The last couple weeks have been strange for so many reasons. The amount of time I've spent blogging or on fb has been practically nothing of late. 

My life has been the extreme opposite of what it was this time last year. Last year, we lived in a town from August to June while Brad was completing his fellowship. We lived at the end of a street in a new development and met only a couple neighbors the entire time we lived in our little rental house. I'm 99% sure I was the only person home during the day. I felt so isolated the entire time we were there. We homeschooled, had it done within four hours, then attempted to fill the remaining time until Daddy came home. It sounds pathetic, but if I had to describe our time there, I would say, "Yawn". At times, it was MIND NUMBINGLY boring. We had fun, spent lots of time playing and I kept telling myself to enjoy the slow pace, but after a while, I was ready to pull my hair out. I did my best to "bloom where I was planted" but it's hard for me to really plug in quickly. 

We move here, begin the unpacking process, had a really nice summer.....we were finally in the place we had spent the last 12 years trying to get. We made the surprising decision to put our two "big" kids in school...... which by the way, has been the most interesting thing ever.  I realize for someone who has never entertained the thought of homeschooling, that's a weird thing to say.  BUT, for those of you who are or have homeschooled, you may better relate to my awe and wonder at this whole school decision. We're a little more than a week into it, but I'm still amazed by the obvious peace in a decision I NEVER thought I would make. Had you asked me even three months ago, I would have said, "No way, Jose".  The verse in Psalms that says, "The mind of man plans his way but the Lord directs his steps" has never been more true for me than in these last weeks. Me, being the planner that I am....someone who really wants to know every detail about what's going to go on even in the distant future, to witness God lovingly, peaceFULLy change my direction so decidedly, is nothing short of a miracle! 

Learning not to lean on my own understanding but rather to be flexible, trusting Him to change my course even on short notice is a nice place to be. (Also learning I can just take things one year, one month, and even one day at a time...I don't have to know what I'll do next year.....just today.)

It's been a busy week, adjusting to the school routine. Getting up way earlier than I ever had to last year, enforcing early bedtime, packing lunches, going to school meetings, and having other "normal" appointments, has forced me to be more productive than I would've thought possible with so much time spent running around. 


Brad started work last week and had his first surgeries this morning. He's thrilled to finally have his own patients and feels incredibly blessed with the group he joined. He loves, loves, loves what he does...I can't see him doing anything else. ~


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



                                                                                                                            

Easy hasn't quite grown into his ears yet! ;)

 
When Abby gets the camera, I get goofy. And when I cook, I get messy. 

~Stacey

No comments:

Post a Comment