Saturday, April 11, 2015

~DIY Incomplete~

We went to Lowes.

We got everything exactly as specified.

This "little simple quick easy fun no-sew" DIY would be a cinch.

Historically, Brad and I are not habitual DIY kind of people.

I mean, I have a glue gun, which I do actually sometimes use,
Brad is a master hanger and stud finder,
I can sew a button on,
but that is pretty much the extent of our DIY-ness.

The problem is,
I have lots of ideas that I am unwilling to pay top dollar for.
Most times, my Dad, Brad, and my Mom are the Terrific Trio and I play the role of Chief Observer and Helper Person. We they get all kinds of things done. 
Mom and Dad are out of town and because I am notoriously impatient, I searched up a handy dandy detailed instruction of this little project I wanted completed THIS weekend.

We had just finished lunch, Brad had just finished hours of turkey hunting
which translated to a sense of eternal gratitude on his part to me. 
(I really don't mind his hunting but he considers four hours in the woods a luxury and is always profusely thankful that I "let" him do it.) ….works for me.

"Baby", he says.
"Lets go do this. I'm actually even excited about it!"
I respond sweetly, appropriately, but sarcastically with,
"May the force be with us, Luke."

He chuckles and in classic Brad Humor says,
"Honey, there ain't nothin' up there in that play room that can make me mad. I've prayed over myself and I am r.e.a.d.y. Come on, let's go."

I laughed so hard my eyes teared up because I know him so well.
Oh it's funny.

Let me just say that two or three hours, one drill, 5 holes, endless twine, 10 feet of cut, ripped, and stretched canvas, a ton of ridiculous laughter, no cuss words, and all patience intact later, he's napping and I'm on the back porch. 

Project?
Oh no, it's not done.
I "picked" the first instruction set I found. 
Who does that? A little more research would have been smart.
But that's okay.
Today is not the day but it won't lick us...we will get it done.
Sometimes there is wisdom in waiting.
Almost 18 years into marriage, 
I've learned when to fish and when to cut bait.
I've learned when to say when.
I've learned to live to fight another day.
And thank God I've learned a little of the value of sometimes being able to laugh when things don't go as planned.




~stacey

p.s. the project was a teepee…..should've mentioned that earlier….curiosity did kill the cat, ya know.






No comments:

Post a Comment