Monday, April 6, 2015

~BestEasterEver~

Definitely my favorite Easter so far.

I feel like I've said that before but I am confident this is really it.

For us, Easter isn't Easter bunnies or a miniature Christmas level of gift getting.

Yes, there are baskets, usually before Sunday, that have some candy in them. Yes, we color and hunt eggs, we put a little extra thought into looking extra special on Sunday morning, but that's about 20% of our weekend.

Easter is the celebration of my Savior.
It's a concentrated time to focus on His ultimate sacrifice.
Jesus gave His life for me….and you.
I so cannot fathom His being willing to live, serve, teach, suffer, and die for me…..
I'm left with an overwhelming sense of gratitude.
I owed a debt I could never repay.
He covered it.
Paid it in full
He, Abba Father, as our Pastor reminded us today,
is searching for,
looking for,
and longing for us!

Some of my family was able to be here this weekend.
My Brad, my Mom, and brother-in-law were chefs extraordinaire.
We had ham, smoked chicken, potato salad, deviled eggs.
We had friends over that brought pineapple casseroles, broccoli casseroles, and desserts that were the best...in the history of ever. 
:-)

we enjoyed fellowship with people who have like hearts and minds.
we have been blessed by friendships with people who are
givers~
easy to be with~
leaders~
low maintenance~
of good character~
servant minded ~
and just plain fun~

PreK Easter egg hunt
in the mud, no less, but such fun

these three on the front row here…
is there a more perfect picture of the things we ask our kids to do 
that make absolutely no sense to them?
these babies were so preciously cooperative for the preschool Easter photo op
but I think it's pretty obvious….
they couldn't care less…
but still they compliantly stood there
as long as they could possibly stand it.
I just love them 
I am pretty sure that I am blessed to be a part of a
community with an inordinate number of stellar parents
who are just a few years behind me...
rearing some stellar children.
keep up the good work, mamas and daddies!
these little ones are priceless~


~squishy babies are the best~




~Sunday Morning~


~The 6 of us~
I sometimes can't believe all these are my people. 
I don't deserve them.



~All The Grands~
I've never seen better looking or more kind hearted grandparents.
Thank you, Lord for a Godly heritage.

this baby is not even mine, 
but I would claim him in a second.
i recently told his mama
that if he ever went missing
to come check my house first.




Sweet sister and her family.
If you looked up the word "servant"in the dictionary, "Ashley" would be the definition
Jon is a magic worker in the kitchen and is the king of organization
Lauren is the best big girl cousin you could ever want
Anna Kate is the perfect playmate for my girls.
My nephew just enlisted with the United States Marine Corps.
#proudaunt



~ready to hunt for some eggs…or balls
… as some little ones called them~



 

it's pretty humbling when God brings people into your life who do nothing but enrich it.
these people are life GIVERS…not life TAKERS.
you know the difference.
My little town is blessed with some fine people
and these definitely fall into that category.



oh and did I mention that we are on spring break this week?
I may or may not have stayed in bed until 10:00 this morning (thanks to my mom)
I won't say I live for school breaks but I will say that
humanly speaking…..not much makes me happier!!


~stacey






1 comment:

  1. Your family is beautiful.
    Can't believe how big the kids are getting.
    Fun to see Ashley and her sweet fam too.
    Looks like a great weekend full of special memories.

    xox

    ReplyDelete