Wednesday, January 21, 2015

~EarthlyThingsIAmThankfulForTonight~

Things I'm thankful for this January night:

1. Believe it or not, I'm thankful for a messy kitchen. (this does not always make the list but I think maybe it should)
…because that mess is a sign of life and is the evidence of full tummies.

2. The perfect long, light weigh grey sweater that covers my rear in my work out pants.
….because I am a fan of yoga pants.

3. Temporary live-in grandparents.
….because it is a.w.e.s.o.m.e.

4.  A husband who's jokes (stupid or not) make me laugh just about every single time.
…because if you can't laugh together……then good luck.

5. For this girl…in previously mentioned messy kitchen, who turns 11 tomorrow!

Here she is just a minute ago…after 3 hours in the gym, 
thoughtfully deciding what to pack in her tomorrow's lunch. 
She is just precious. ….more on that tomorrow.

6. For completing Day 1 of husband's scripted work out made just for me. (per my request)
…if I end up looking like him, I'll kill him.
…if tomorrow, I am so sore I can't sit down, I'll kill him.
…not really.

…..and no, I did not do the grouch walk because I have arthritic knees. that ain't happening.
#usedupmyonelegitimateexcuse

7. For DVD's full of "I Love Lucy" that my kids LOVE to watch. 

8. For "Newsies" tickets this weekend. 
…because it is such a great movie. Can't wait to see it on stage.

9. For school weeks that are just a bit shorter due to Monday holidays.

10. For a diverse group of friends. Some new, some old, who are all available if and when I need them, who challenge me by living out their faith in every day life. 

11. For January skies:
…because….


12. For precious little lives that have been entrusted to me.
…because…whether or not I feel adequate, I have been given the tools needed to adequately train these little people and to show them a love that only Jesus can author.


13. For my bed.
….because I can't wait to get in it.
sleep tight.

~stacey








2 comments:

  1. What a great list of thankful's :-) I have a great Ann Voskamp giveaway going on over at my Divine Moments blog, you should check it out. www.adoptingdivinemoments.com -- One of my goals for 2015 is to count a 1,000 gifts/thankfuls. I have been writing/down and counting my gifts ever since I read "One Thousand Gifts" but I really want to focus on being more thankful. Savoring the moments. I want to take more pictures as well.

    ReplyDelete