Thursday, January 16, 2014

~Wonder In The Ordinary~

I just love when an ordinary Tuesday afternoon becomes, as described by my husband,
"the coziest day."

Most Tuesdays are just Tuesdays around the Wall household. But I think when you put the work in, when you are faithful in every  mundane Tuesday after Tuesday after Tuesday, one week you just might be surprised with an extra ordinary Tuesday.

It wasn't spectacular. Noting big happened.

Kids had a good day at school.
Brad got home at 3:30. (crazy!)
We talked.
The kids played.
The sun shone.
It wasn't freezing out.
He took me to get Chinese take out for dinner. My favorite.
We were able to ride there and back ALL alone. (benefit of having a 12 year old)
We talked and laughed the whole time. ......speaking of which, I  thought gyro (as in Italian sub) was pronounced "jie-roe". He says I'm wrong. He laughed. "No honey. It's pronounced "yearo".  whatever. I do think I prefer his pronunciation because mine makes me think of the word gyrate which takes me down a path I do not want to be on when I'm about to eat a sub.
moving along......

I sat outside til the last orangey pink of the sun was completely gone.

God  and only my close friends know that the last few years, I've struggled on and off with winter and the fact that it gets dark so early.....may sound crazy but the more I go, the more I crave sunshine. In fact, last year, I threw my first "time change party" in March because I was so excited for longer days. It's good for my emotional health and I'm telling you, we've had some unbelievable evening sun right here in the middle of winter. I go outside and smile......completely convinced that the God of the universe has put it there just for me. It's His comfort sent directly to me. So I just close my eyes and soak up every bit of warmth and thank Him for His faithfulness.

It was just a cozy afternoon.

Wednesday was all work no play so don't be jealous......it was my usual wonderfully chaotic, don't have a minute for myself, "I'm IN THE BATHROOM! CAN YOU WAIT TWO MINUTES! kind of a day.
we owe it to ourselves and to each other to know that everyone has mundane but we should all take a little pleasure when any of us has an extra measure of joy or a boring, peaceful extra-ordinary
"cozy Tuesday".



yep. definitely all just for me. 


~stacey






No comments:

Post a Comment