Sunday, January 5, 2014

~The Grind of Daily Living and A Few Product Suggestions~

Just a couple random thoughts.

I'm having serious issues with tomorrow being back to "the grind of daily living".

I've had more fun this week after Christmas than ever before. Not sure why but it has been awesome. Slower pace, taking the kids to see a couple movies, Chipotle date with Brad, ping pong and dinner with friends, family time in the mountains........it's all been a much needed break.

So tomorrow? I'm in just a little denial.

I'll rise to the occasion when the time comes because I just will... but today? I want to freeze it......make it last as long as possible.

Jake and I went to see The Desolation of Smaug yesterday and I came to a definite conclusion.
Here it is:
My absolute, single, very most forever favorite part of all Hobbit/Lord of the Rings movies will always be Legolas and his never ending quiver of arrows. I mean, who can beat that?! 





 I've recently stumbled upon a few things that I've enjoyed so much, I feel compelled to share them.

1. Read this book. Read it.



2. Grandmother's Buttons
Prettiest jewelry I've seen in a while. You can find it here!
Bracelets made out of antique buttons. What's not to love?

  
 


3. Caldrea  Counter top spray. Smells out of this world.




4. BOOTS! I made a conscious decision a few months ago to buy fewer shoes. Shoes used to be worn to meet a need. To serve a purpose. Why do we think we need 85 pair? ESPECIALLY kids, who out grow them so quickly. I decided for winter, my kids needed a church shoe, a school shoe, a tennis shoe, and an indestructible, (reese especially) outside "wear anywhere" shoe. She has lived in these boots. They are a hot mess in this pic, but they clean up beautifully and are cute enough (when clean) to wear anywhere but church. water proof. cold proof with fleece inserts. I'm sold.  Emma's pull on, which means when it's time to go play, they can ALL put on their on shoes all by themselves and take off. ~heavenly~



We are off to see a Civil War battle sight that we pass the sign to every day coming home from school. I've heard "Mom! When can we go see that?" every week for nearly a year. Today is the day. Freezing cold and cloudy. Should be good. 

~stacey

5 comments:

  1. i had a hard time getting back into the grind of things last week too. i get so used to having the kids around constantly and us all just partying and playing and i LIKE life that way!! ;))

    that button jewelry is cool. and kate has a pair of hunters that she uses as her winter boots here - they're awesome. i steal them when i can.

    i'm reading the book thief right now - but will put yours on my list. i've gotten out of reading books like i used to and see that's something i really need to exercise my brain more! ~

    happy new week, friend. and glad you're back around here. :))

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my "rain/winter boots" are great but they are so skinny in the shaft part that I have trouble wearing them even with "skinny" jeans. ....anyhoo....for my Reese, they are indestructible!
      making an effort to read more.....im sick of having something electronic stuck to my hand. ......said the girl commenting on the computer, with her cel phone by her side, who is about to log on to her lap top to do math with the kids. ugh. it's pointless!!!

      Delete
  2. I love that book too. we have a couple of Dr. Carson's... and have been privileged to hear him speak a number of times. if you plan your trip up here to see me just right, I know of a fundraising lecture with him nearby this spring. :)

    that button bracelet is cool. and I wish that I was seeing that Civil War battle site with you!

    happy back into the grind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the boots, love the great week after christmas, and the trip tot he battlefield! It sounds GREAT.

    I like the downtime much better than the back to the grind time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have read that book and you're right, it's amazing! Thanks for the recommendations.

    ReplyDelete