Wednesday, August 28, 2013

~Wednesday Review~



My knees hurt.
I'm tired and feel a little defeated.
Sometimes teaching school makes me feel less than intelligent.
Is it just me, or is it DIFFICULT to teach a 4th grader that there are 60 ten-thousands in 600,000?!
Tough concept.
I got irritated and frustrated today more than I would like to admit. 

I have a million thoughts running around my head which wears me out. 
Pretty sure God is the only being that could stand to listen to it all. 
Wish I could sit at my dining room table across from Him, open my head and heart, pour it all out, and have Him bring clarity and perfection to the cluttered mess. 


Truths that I am thankful for today:

"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong." 2 Cor. 12 9-10

~Even though left to myself, I am a complete mess, grace will cover me. 
I have been properly equipped to accomplish the purposes God has for me.~




"A family is a place where principles are hammered and honed on the anvil of everyday living."




~stacey

5 comments:

  1. you know, I don't even get how many 60 somethings are in 600,000 myself. i love numbers as far as dates and history, but math? oh my. dislike. if i was teaching i'm sure that i would be tempted to skip over some academics and say, "come on kids. let's do a field trip."

    i just told a friend this morning that our purpose here is designed to outlive us. and i said it to her... because ha. i needed to hear it. so... hang in there dear friend. you have a "great cloud of witnesses" cheering for you. and a Redeemer with Grace Spaces. great quote. been feeling the hammering lately tho' :( and love the "action" photo. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cindy~
      our purpose is designed to outlive us......I LOVE that.
      just today, I hear this: "your crisis positions you for your calling." have to chew on that one for a while but it resonated in my heart the second I heard it.
      yes! hammering going on here too.
      love you.

      Delete
  2. I just wrote about school wearing me out and my kids go to public school. I still do my fair part of teaching. I felt like pulling my hair out reading with my son the other night.

    Love the verses and the quotes. Needing to extend some grace to myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Would love to check out your blog. :-) yes to school wearing us out! My kids have been in "full time" school as well and it was frustrating to have to still teach when they got home some days. I feel your pain. ;-) I suppose it's just part of it.

      Delete
  3. YES!!! it's totally difficult to teach that to a 4th grader.. along with alot of other things too!! you're a super hero, mama. never doubt it!!!! with a cape of grace to carry you through every question and confused look of this new school year.

    big hugs!!

    ReplyDelete