Sunday, May 13, 2012

~Turkey Legs And Other Tidbits~


Sunday, May 13, 2012

~Turkey Legs AndOtherTidbits~

There's nothing like craving a ice cream, opening your freezer to get one, only to find a turkey sticking out of a garbage bag.
Turkey feet are not pretty as it is but seeing them, claws and all, sticking out of a bag, knowing there's a body attached to them is slightly disturbing. 
IN your freezer. Like where your ice cream and frozen pizzas are. bitter
Good thing I'm relatively laid back. 

It was a hairy, stressful week. Had a sick little Wall, school to make up, field days, photo session with a feisty two year old, dance recitals, and I'm sure I'm forgetting a few things. The last two years, the week before Mother's Day has been really challenging. I think I'll dub it "Survival Week". Because that's exactly where I've been.
Sleepless nights. Complete exhaustion. Frazzled emotions. Singing a LOT. (Now I understand why my Mom sang a lot.) ~hehe~
It's is a way to refuse to give in to the blah around you. Singing some faith filled song in the midst of turmoil is my own "Custer's Last Stand". ....somehow it works. 
Just the same, I think next year, we'll celebrate Mother's Day a week early....see if that changes things. whatevah

I've decided that if you want to be upset about something, you can be.
If you're looking for the bad, you'll find it. 
If you want to worry about something or someone, not a problem. There's a list a mile long.
Those are also perfect ways to completely WASTE your life. 
Because at the same time:
If you want to be grateful, there are countless blessings in your life.
If you're looking for the good, it's everywhere.
If you trust God for grace in whatever you'll walk through, you can experience peace.

FOUR MORE DAYS OF SCHOOL.     can I get a witness?!! laughing 

how bad is it that for Mother's Day, I wanted to spend an entire day in my room. ~alone.~  of course, I was mostly joking.....mostly. 
NO, I didn't spend an entire day holed up in my room. I figure those days will come soon enough. 
A quiet house.
No size 13 pink peace sign flip flops laying on the stairs.
No coloring books on the den floor.
No Lego people in the dining room.
The upstairs bathroom will be spotless because no one will be using it. 
No little voice calling to me from my bedroom,"More, Pig, Ma!" translation: "there are commercials on, please come fast forward Peppa Pig." 
I'm embracing the present crazy chaos and plan to enjoy the quiet when it comes. One season at a time.  

a few shots from Auburn's spring game....
  



 ~stacey

No comments:

Post a Comment