Tuesday, May 29, 2012

~First of Summer~


Tuesday, May 29, 2012

~First of Summer~

We've been burning the roads up since school got out. 
Don't get me wrong, I've loved it but I'm also loving this first morning home. Still haven't gotten dressed, just now getting around to coffee.
My mind is spinning with all the things I want to get done during this reprieve from school. Body's not moving yet, but the mind is working. I'm a list girl. Gotta get it on paper first.
There are "problem areas" in the house that need re-structering and better organization. I've got to get photos ordered for the last two years for Emma's baby book. Embarrassingly enough, that's a leftover goal from last summer. oops. 
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I started this post a week ago and here I am to finish it....

I had a tomato sandwich for breakfast. With a garden fresh tomato, no less. Had one for dinner last night too.  
It's raining again and I'm loving every single minute of summer. Rain or shine. Makes no difference to me.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And AGAIN! A week later and still trying to finish this post. It's a cryin' shame to be having so much fun that you can't seem to squeeze in 30 minutes at the computer! 
 I've pretty much shut my brain off since school got out and the kids have done the same. 
Then I panicked, started making them read, bought each of them a Summer Bridge Book, and plan to get them working on those a few times a week. 
We've had lots of days with the water hose on the trampoline, which makes it wet, which catapults kids way higher than they should go. 
The neighborhood pool has already been used a LOT.
We squeezed in a wonderful beach trip thanks to the kind invitation from some great friends. 
Got to spend Memorial Day weekend in the mountains with my family. 
I've loved every minute of the laughter from the back yard, later than normal nights, and believe it or not, a little sleeping in! (Never thought I would call 8:00 sleeping in, but hey.....I'll take what I can get. 
I bought a bike, which has been more fun than I thought. The kids and I ride a lot. I feel like I'm in the 1950's riding my baby blue Schwinn. Just need capris, bobby socks, and a ribbon in my hair. 

My hard working Brad has been operating all morning....ready for him to get home. 
I'm about to boil some fresh corn on the cob. Need a shower desperately. Must finish laundry at some point today.  
Here are some shots from our summer thus far......pretty much dancing or water.....winky

     

   


   

    

  



~stacey

No comments:

Post a Comment