Sunday, April 22, 2012

~Through The Eyes of a 4th Grader~


Sunday, April 22, 2012

~Through The Eyes of a 4th Grader~


"See, there are these two new girls at school. One of them is really pretty and the other one is not. And the pretty one. Well, everybody likes her and thinks she's good. But the other one, they make fun of her and whisper funny things about her. I felt so bad for her so I asked who wanted to play a math game with me and she said, 'I do.' So I told her, 'Okay!' So yeh, that's it."

So proud of my son.
So thankful for the evidence of compassion and God at work in His heart.
I'm enraged by mean, spiteful behavior. (Be it from children or grown ups.) There is no excuse for it and it brings out a crazed woman in me. 
Go out of your way to love the unlovely. 
Accept the ones who may not be widely accepted.
Value the humble.
Find beauty in imperfection.
And for heaven's sake, tell your kids to do the same.
They won't always do it right but live before them in compassion. Build them up. Hold them to a high standard. A standard of loving people. 

  

~stacey

No comments:

Post a Comment