Thursday, October 13, 2011

~My Mantle~


Thursday, October 13, 2011

~My Mantle~



        

It was overcast, cool, and rainy today. I made chili for supper.
               Fall is definitely here.

If you know Avery, you know how pensive she can be. She asks a million questions, some of which are very grown up.
From the backseat, as she stares out the window while I drive, she asks,
"Is Sparky real?" (The stuffed mascot for Wednesday night kids church activities)
"No." was my instant reply.
"Well, then why do they say,'Sparky is watching'?"
"Uhm.....they are just trying to motivate y'all to have good behavior."
Her nose wrinkles up in confusion. "So, they're tricking us?"
"Yep. Pretty much, Avery."
"Hmm. I wonder why teachers do that."
"I don't know, Babe."
                ~She has a point~



No comments:

Post a Comment