Wednesday, October 7, 2009

~A Party~


Wednesday, October 07, 2009

A Party!

We were nothing but a party last Saturday. Someone asked me how old I was to which I responded, "I'm that scary age when, if you're pregnant, they want to do extra tests on the baby!" To the tests, I say, "Thanks but no thanks" and to the birthday wishes I say, "Turning one year older beats the alternative!" Every day is an absolute gift so turning 35  is a privilege.

AND! Four years ago on my birthday, we celebrated another birth day....Avery Elizabeth was born. Without digging out her baby book, I can't remember what time it was or how long she was, but I remember the unique style she arrived in.

 

I had been at the hospital a number of hours, maybe half the day. The sweet 70 something nurse had just checked me and told me I was just about a ten and that she was going to start getting things ready. She preceded to happily open all the sterile instruments at a reasonable, relaxed pace. I lay there and thought to myself, I kind of think this baby is moving south and that nurse better pick up the pace.    Not wanting to over react, I waited a couple more seconds and tried to sound casual as I said, "You might want to check me again. Like now." She paused, like, "Okay sweetie, I'll be there in a sec." I turned to Brad and gave him that look like I mean N.O.W. He took a quick gander under the sheet, went a little pale and his eyes got as big as half dollars. He was staring at the head of our third child. The nurse had walked over by this point and immediately got panicky. Brad, (M.D. Brad, let me remind you) looked at her and asked, "What do I do?!" She was to busy fumbling for the phone to call my obstetrician to even hear the question, so I, completely astounded at this entire scenario replied, "YOU CATCH HER!" A half a second later, Brooke, the resident on call who also happens to be an angel, ran in the room just in time to reach out and grab our precious Ave as she made her debut on her mother's birthday.

To this day, she's a little spit fire. Full of expression. All or nothing. She's either really happy or really not happy. There's no guessing with her! The other day, she and big sister were given a task of cleaning up a certain room. I explained that Reese was in charge and would help her know where to put things. True to form, Avery looked at me, put her hands on her hips and said, "When I get big, I am going to be in charge of EVERYTHING!!!" Alrighty then.  





~Who needs cake when there's icing?~





~ First cousins. Born three days a part. ~



   

   

 


Happy October!
~Stacey

No comments:

Post a Comment