Thursday, June 25, 2009

~A Pop of Color....and Could I Be?....!?!



Thursday, June 25, 2009

A Pop of Color...and Could I Be?......!?!

I'm a neutral kind of girl. When it comes to my house, you could define me with the words khaki, black, beige, white, and maybe an occasional hint of blue.
However, I've been told by someone with great taste, "You really need a POP of color! It just POPS and looks great!" 

SO! I'm going out of my comfort zone and adding some color to my living room. Just thought I'd give a little sample.

(If you don't like it, don't bother telling me because it's too late...the fabric has been purchased!)

My mom hasn't seen it but she asked, "Did you think about bringing swatches home to look at and just make sure you like it?"  Honestly, the thought never occurred to me. After spending over an hour in a fabric store with three kids and a very patient friend, I was leaving there with FABRIC! However.....in hindsight, that would have been a really great idea! 


 


 

This fabric will be drapes, a chair, and pillows. My sofa is a dark brown leather and the fabric on the sofa is going to be another chair.
 

Enough with the decorating......there are more important things to talk about.

Like eating ice cream.....

   

  


 This sweet child was about to fall asleep in her cone. It was 90 degrees but she loves the hat.


OR, even MORE important things like.......

Memorial Day morning......something was missing. And had been for oh....about 6 days.

Brad was on a mission. Ignoring my protests, unconvinced that it surely was not the case, he made a trip to the drugstore and came back quick as a flash with one little item.

Much, much, much....did I say "MUCH"?!!......to our surprise, we, evidently, are having another baby!

I walked around in a daze pretty much the whole day...the entire following week, for that matter.  Completely stunned. Smiling every time I thought of it. Shaking my head and laughing in wonder. Resisting the urge to laugh hysterically at Brad's face the moment the realization registered with him!

One of the most hilarious things is that I sold my crib two days before I found out. Can you believe that?! Wow.

If it weren't for the heightened, hyper sense of smell, my shrinking bladder, the occasional "yuck" feeling in my stomach,  insane fatigue, an overwhelming desire to sleep, and the physical changes that are already appearing, I would still be in disbelief.

One of Brad's cutest comments, has been,
"Well! At least we're doing our part to re-populate the earth with people who have brains!"

I haven't been to the doctor yet. I always love the first time you hear the little heart beat. It's such a miracle and is so exciting for so many reasons.

We are so excited, humbled, and blessed by this sweet, impending surprise.  


Crazy to think there's another little Wall in there! 

No comments:

Post a Comment