Saturday, June 20, 2009

~Moving. Again~



Saturday, June 20, 2009
This month has been a blur of moving vans, boxes, paint, dog, kids, excitement, and exhaustion.  We've been "in" our new home two weeks now. (Although, we still have boxes everywhere and lots of things without a designated spot to call their own! ) 

It all started the day we got the Uhaul. We finished loading about 10:30 p.m. The original plan was to get up practically in the middle of the night in order to make the 12:00 noon closing time. We were both tired but not able to wind down enough to sleep. After considering the unpleasant reality of setting our alarms for 3 a.m., we decided to jump in the car and just get it over with. Driving at night means less traffic and kids sleep.....that's a win/win, right? It pretty much was except for not even an hour into the drive, I was nodding off AT THE WHEEL which is terrifying. So, we pulled off while I napped about an hour. We eventually dragged our tired selves in at about 6:30 the following morning. Not a great way to start off a busy week but we got it done. 



Since then, it's been unloading, unpacking, unpacking, resting, swimming, walking around in circles at all there is to do, and unpacking a bit more. 


 


It was seriously, a little like "Sanford and Son".





Don't know what I would have done without my wonderful family and friends lending a hand.



I found this little one in this state several times. No nap time was declared, she just passed out wherever she was at the moment. I felt exactly the way she looks.....wouldn't have minded "checking out" myself a few times! 



And Easy, our most recent addition. Likes to stay cool. He's been a fun but high maintenance little thing. Will not be sad for the
puppy stage to be out grown!

  
 

 



I'm sitting in the middle of an undone mess, but it's my undone mess and it will all get done. One of the cutest things my 99 year old grandmother says is,
"It'll all come out in the wash. Some will be a little more wrinkled than others, but it will all come out."

I'm on the computer and am deciding this dog stinks. He's been in a kennel in the kitchen to this point, but I think that's about to change. I have a hyper nose and don't think I can deal with this aroma right now. :-/

There's much more to say in the days to come but I just had to sneak a quick update in. God has been so faithful to us. His goodness is evident.

No comments:

Post a Comment