Saturday, October 1, 2016

~Living~

The problem with fall break is that I don't want it to end...

so much so that I'm staying up WAY later than I should tonight in false hope that I can make it stay.

I'm in complete denial that we are in fact...back to reality. (which I love but you know...)

We have one more little shindig planned for tomorrow to cap off a wonderful week of respite. 

Fall break didn't used to be a thing but let me tell you, it is quickly turning into one of our favorite school breaks.

Who am I kidding.....any break from school is my favorite. 

In fact, whichever one is closest is my favorite.

Before a trip, whether big or small, I'm Nervous Nelly. 

Between the planning, the packing for all my people, the cleaning the house before we leave, the pushed down anxiety about what could go wrong, I don't let myself look forward to any part of a vacation. It's weird, I know, but just one of my things. 

As a matter of fact, I've been known to not want to plan anything "big" for fear of something going wrong.   <---That sounds even crazier as I read it typed but it is 100% true. 

But! As God's mercy and my own maturity would have it, somewhere along the way, I've come full circle and decided to not be afraid to plan...trusting that God holds my future...the easy parts and the hard stuff. 

I've made peace with if something terribly unfortunate happens, we'll just have to roll with it. 




Don't let fear stop you from living. 
Worry can't change your past, it is powerless to affect tomorrow's events, and it absolutely, is 
100% guaranteed to thoroughly ruin your present.




"If you've got pain, He's a pain taker.
If you feel lost, He's a way maker.
If you need freedom and saving
He's a prison shaking Savior.
If you've got chains, He's a chain breaker."

-Chain Breaker (my current favorite song that I just can't get enough of)

~stacey



No comments:

Post a Comment