Thursday, August 13, 2015

~IfYouNeedToFeelBetterAboutYourself~

When God gave the wisdom to some person, that the school/work week should be five days, not seven, I'm pretty sure He did that with me in mind...out of sheer mercy.
He knew that I would, every single week, come in to Friday on a wing and a prayer. 

It's Thursday night, 9:50 and I have been home less than an hour from getting all my people to and from all their stuff. 

This week:

I've told a friend twice, TWICE that I would meet her for coffee, only to realize THE MORNING OF, that I, in fact, had dental appointment for Emma once, and piano lesson for Jake the second time that obviously would prevent a coffee date…can you get more embarrassing than that?

Oh wait, actually, yes, you can.

I gave a hearty wave goodbye to my 8th grade son, his bus driver, and a bus full of school friends, as I dropped him off to catch the shuttle, headed to school.
WITH my back Suburban hatch open.
Yep….I grinned, waved at all those people, then proceeded to peel out of the parking lot like a happy Cruella Deville. 
WITH MY BACK DOOR OPENED TO THE HEAVENS.

Funniest part of that was Jake's sweet synopsis that afternoon:

It was the first thing we talked about at pick up that afternoon..
He blushed, giggled, and said,

"Oh yeah, I saw you with the door wide open! I actually said out loud, 'oh! Mom!!' as you drove off. I was like, 'yep, that's my Mom but I'll still claim her!'"

I mean, there IS NO better son on the face of the earth.
He will be that kid, like my friend and pastor, who cries himself to sleep the first night he leaves home for college. 

And last, but not least, there's this:


First, and most importantly, you should know that I wrote down

Poppyseed Chicken and Burgers AFTER we ate them...
which tells you that I had no idea what we were eating until we ate it.

Second, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday…I mean, yeah…pathetic.
It's just been that kind of week.
BUT. I'm going to Costco tomorrow, so look out world.
Next week's menu will be better and filled in before the actual day, so there. 

thank you, Jesus for happy Thursday nights. I made it!!!


~stacey




2 comments:

  1. I live this very same life. 😂 And you're doing it amazingly! Sweet precious beautiful children. They will learn to extend grace and the world needs it desperately!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. grace….yes! That's my only hope! Grace, God's goodness in spite of myself….and a little humor. ;-)

      Delete