Wednesday, July 4, 2012

~The 4th~


Wednesday, July 04, 2012

~The 4th~

We have been a non stop party since yesterday afternoon. 
The house is quiet....... I think the kids were asleep before their heads hit their pillows. 

4th of July is near the top of my favorites list. Second only to Christmas.
I hope we can preserve our freedom. 
I'd be lying if I didn't say I have serious trepidation about where we are as a nation, where we are going, and how exactly we will get there. 
This is a wonderfully unique country and and I am blessed to call it home.
I love the foundational pillars that support us.
One of the founding fathers said that morality and religion were necessary components to a successful nation. He went further and said when those things cease to exist, we would crumble.


*next morning* (Couldn't hold my eyes open last night)
All in all, it was one of the most fun, packed full 4th's we've ever had. 
So thankful for friends and family.
Yesterday, the day started at 7:30 with a 10k run organized to benefit a family going through an international adoption.
I was there to take pictures of the event.
Brad nor I are true runners.
I'm a treadmill kind of girl. Or I'll go out and walk or ride a bike. If I go two miles four times a week, I'm a happy camper. (That doesn't happen as often as I'd like, just for the record)winky
Brad, on the other hand, LOVES working out. I'm talking, actually enjoys it. I enjoy getting FINISHED, but he likes every minute of it.
That being said, he does not like to run more than 2 or 3 miles. Never has.  
Back to yesterday, he gets up at 6:30 to swim laps. He comes home to me getting ready to go to the race. 
"You think I ought to run?"
"Uhm, no! You've never run more than a few miles. You just swam. Why are you even asking me that?!"
His sweet, loyal smile crept across his face.
"Well, Chris was messing with me last night and said it wasn't about running but it was about camaraderie."
I chuckled a little at how sweet he is and how crazy he is. 
"Well. I mean, you could do it. It's whatever you think."
"Dang it. I'll run it. Hang on, let me dry off and I'll be there in a little bit."
I am really proud of that man. 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

    
  

Happy Birthday, America!

 ~stacey

No comments:

Post a Comment