Saturday, May 7, 2011

~whataweek~


Saturday, May 07, 2011

whataweek


Monday night I spent the better part of each and every hour in the bathroom. Can't remember my last stomach virus. Guess I was due.
Needless to say, Tuesday morning I was wiped out. I knew Brad had a 7:00 a.m. case which meant the morning routine of four kids would be up to me per usual. I managed to get one lunch packed, four "breakfasts" made, bottle to Baby, four kids dressed, and one taken to school. I pleaded with my sweet kids to be really helpful and they were. Did most of the morning on their own, actually....I was more an overseer.
Tuesday night, Emma got a touch of what I had plus a pretty nasty cold. She and I spent the better part of that night bonding. ~ahem~
Wednesday night, I bounced back and forth between Jake's room and Emma's stuffy nosed self. All night.
Thursday night is a complete blur. Maybe I slept some.
Last night I "slept" on the couch, in ear shot of Avery, who is finishing her turn with this little four hour nuisance. 
I'm tired. Tired but thankful.
This Mother's Day morning, Brad came to the couch, picked me up,~~~(the girls always stare in amazement when he picks me up. I don't know if it reminds them of movies they've seen or if they are in awe that he can actually carry me)~~~anyway, he deposited me in my wonderful king size bed, gave me a quick back scratch, told me to go back to sleep and quietly shut the door as he left to do the morning. I woke up an hour or so later to an omelet.
We all went to lunch, then it was me and the Suburban. On a date.
I stopped in Bed, Bath, and Beyond in hunt for a skinny organizer tray thing to slide between my washer and dryer to put my detergent and stain stick on. They didn't have anything like what I needed, so I moved on to Dick's Sporting Goods. I know. Why was I there, you ask? Looking for a turkey decoy. whatevah They were on sale and the guy I live with happens to really like turkey hunting and sales.
Ran in Super Target, grabbed Jake a pair of shorts. He recently informed me that he was dying for shorts that went below his knees. I felt really bad, like I was making him wear shorty shorts all this time. Had I known it was only cool if they hit well below the knee rather than right at the knee, I would have remedied that situation a long time ago.          
Bought a few groceries, came home, and have been doing laundry ever since. 
What a week it was. It's strange how you can be so incredibly tired and so very much at peace at the same time.
This week is full with school, ballet rehearsals, recitals, field day, birthday party, gymnastics, golf, college graduation, pre-k graduation and party, about five gifts to find, buy, and wrap, and I'm sure I'm forgetting something.
Wish me luck!  (and happy mother's day!....what's left of it.)winky




~stacey




No comments:

Post a Comment