Friday, June 25, 2010

~A Holiday I Get Excited About~


Friday, June 25, 2010

~A Holiday I Get Excited About~






Second only to Christmas, Independence Day is my favorite holiday. 
July 4th just makes me happy.
And so incredibly grateful. 
In fact, weird as it may be, I'm nearly brought to tears at the end of the fireworks show every year. 
It's the sound, I think.
It's always so loud and I wonder if it's much different in war. 
All those guys before me who have spent sleepless nights in fox holes, enduring whistling rockets overhead or explosions nearby, made it possible for me to not be terrified by very similar sounds. 

It's barbecue and flags. 
It's my Daddy's Marine Corp Band marching music playing all day. 
To my kids, it's our flag's birthday and a really good reason to get excited and throw those little popper things. They just learned they can snap them and not burn their fingers.....should be a great 4th. 

~Stacey
 

No comments:

Post a Comment