Tuesday, May 11, 2010

~Dark Doors Suit Me~


Tuesday, May 11, 2010

~Dark Doors Suit Me~

I hesitate to post stuff about stuff. After all, it's only stuff.It doesn't make you happy.Unless you make a conscious decision, there's always more to get.Someone else always has more or less of it.Kids tend to mess it up.It can be taken from you in an instant.You can't take it with you when you go.It doesn't amount to a hill of beans really.

I would rather look at this all day long:

 
Or this.....


That being said, I think its not a bad thing to enjoy what you have. If you are honest with what you can afford and look for creative ways to enhance your living space, that's a good thing. Contentment is an issue I revisit frequently.  It's a decision. In fact, I should post a shot of my bathrooms. I think I will! Hold on...I'm going to grab my camera!......be right back....
  
I know your green with envy over my blingy wall paper, considering how shiny it is and all.
I've heard it's coming back but I'm not buying it. The bathroom on the right is high on my list of things that have to go. asap.  In the mean time, I've learned that it's okay to have things far less than perfect. My kids couldn't care less if I'm happy with my wallpaper.

Paint is pretty cheap, thus the painted doors. It completely changes the look of the entire room. 3 almost done, 7+ to go.







I posted the girls rooms a while ago so it's Jake's turn. Thank goodness for Target bedding and curtains, Big Lot's curtain rod, a friend who can paint on canvas, and for old furniture that looks a lot better with a fresh coat of paint! 

 





I could have a globe or map on every wall and it wouldn't bother me one bit.



~Stacey

No comments:

Post a Comment