Thursday, April 22, 2010

Not Surprised...





If this gets Franklin Graham dis invited to the Pentagon's National Day of Prayer Service, we are undoubtedly in need of a spiritual awakening. 












The exciting thing is that the gray is shrinking and the black and white is becoming more and more obvious. Choices will be made. The line in the sand is being drawn and people will have to pick a side.
The salt is about to get a lot saltier and light is going to get brighter and brighter. 

Am I willing to suffer for the sake of righteousness?
Am I willing to loose my job because I speak my faith?
Do I boldly say, "Merry Christmas!" to strangers even though it's becoming increasingly unpopular to do so?
Should we be surprised to getting resistance to the gospel? It offends everything in humans on so many levels.
It's a free gift.---so there's gotta be a catch, right?
It's the only way in.---you mean you can't say, "to each his own"?
It's not about how righteous you are.---you can do some good things and not get in?
It's full forgiveness.---but I don't deserve that.
It's simple. Just yield.---if I don't look out for me, who will?!
I know how the story ends. He wins. His will won't be stopped. His plans will prevail.
That's the team I'm on. 


I serve a God who doesn't forget His promises. He remembers His people and He is mighty to save. His grace covers me....and that's something to be excited about.

This is my song of late. I blare it in the car. My big kids are almost tired of it but Emma loves it. If she's fussing, this is the only song that instantly quiets her. ( I don't think that's a coincidence. I think she knows a good thing when she hears it.)



No comments:

Post a Comment