Wednesday, March 3, 2010

~Sleep. Who Needs It.~


Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Sleep. Who Needs It.

I've decided I'm just going to have to be tired for a few days.

Between Brad sneezing, hacking, taking showers in the middle of the night in an attempt to clear out head congestion, the baby eating, and phone calls from the ER because Brad's on call, we've had a few consecutive nights of not enough sleep.

I realize "enough" is a relative term but whatever that is for us, we haven't been getting it!

I napped out of desperation one morning but felt so yucky because I got nothing done that day, I figured I'd rather be tired.....at least today that's my mode of operation.

Besides, who needs sleep when you have coffee.

I'll need to have my teeth whitened after the fact, but oh well.

I've started my trek to get back in shape post baby. 

Without fail, after every baby, I make two pivotal mistakes.

#1 "Surely I'm not THAT out of shape!"

Yes. I am.....and we'll just leave it at that.

#2 
Try on pre-baby clothes at about four weeks postpartum.ATTENTION PREGNANT PEOPLE: Don't do it. Huge mistake.

You feel sorta skinny because hey!... You don't have a gigantic watermelon protruding from your body. But when your cute jeans refuse to go an inch beyond your hips, despite trying to convince yourself it's just because your bones have shifted due to child birth, reality sets in and you decide you better hit the treadmill or sidewalk and get back to all the lunges, crunches, and derriere lifts you can do.

 So here I am.

But boy is it worth it.


 

Stacey~

No comments:

Post a Comment