Wednesday, May 13, 2009

~*~



Wednesday, May 13, 2009
I made the mistake of reading a feature blog last night. In summary, it was a very liberal "solution" to an issue that shouldn't be but has become a  national issue. No need for detail....it's boring and tired. Nonetheless, it's one that I feel passionately about.
 
I couldn't resist making a comment on her post. I felt this uncontrollable urge to at least give my opinion. I think if we value the freedom to have our own ideas and want that liberty to continue, it's our responsibility to speak when given the opportunity. (I'm not claiming that I am brave or even that articulate. I don't naturally like to confront anyone, so even just typing a contradictory opinion made me a little nervous! But still, I was compelled.) 

She made a response to my post and exposed a glimpse of significant sorrow she had experienced in her past. I instantly had an entirely different perspective of this stranger. While she and I  may never agree on anything, our basic needs are the same. To be loved unconditionally, irrevocably. To have comfort in sorrow. To understand there's a bigger picture. To have hope in an eternal future.

One of my heart prayers of late has been that I would truly learn to love people. Not just people that I like or that I have a lot invested in, but people that I would never grow to even like. There's a love that is in me because I am in Him that transcends  human nature.


A few weeks ago I was reading in John. Chapters 13-16. You ever read things you've read before, but somehow it's like you've never really heard it? This book is bursting at the seams with instruction to LOVE people. That doesn't necessarily mean lay down, roll over, and agree with them. I've come to the conclusion that unconditional love is a foreign concept to most people. Even me...I can get lazy and forget the most simple and basic instruction.

"A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another."

"Just as the Father has loved Me, I have also loved you; abide in My love. If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love; just as I have kept My Father's commandments, and abide in His love."

I always come back to the fact that He is the answer. We live in an imperfect world but here's the good news:

"These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world." 

(I'm glad that's the team I'm on.) 
 
-Stacey-

No comments:

Post a Comment