Thursday, December 3, 2015

~NothingButTheHumOfTheDishwasher~

I can handle only so much audible stimulation.
I have limits on how many
ideas
suggestions
observations
complaints
arguments
thoughts
wrong calculations
right calculations
disagreements
stresses
cat observations
school project ideas
and kid jokes
that I can physically, mentally handle and process without jumping off a bridge.

At about 8:47 tonight, I just had to tap out.
I was d.o.n.e.

There's dog poo on your shoe?
I don't care.

Yes, I just dropped the brand new gum ball ornament and it broke into a million pieces.
#idon'tcare
Get grateful, kid.

That's due tomorrow?
Hmm…maybe you should have started before yesterday.
#idon'tcare

You just got catsup on your brand new, very most favorite Love. shirt?
Yeah…you should go straight upstairs, wash it on delicate (because that's the shortest cycle, so you will still be awake when it's done and can hang it to dry yourself, because I am not going up those stairs one more time today unless someone is bleeding or the house is on fire).
#idon'tcare

My ears hurt from all the precious, life sucking chatter that I get from all my people that I absolutely would not change for the world.
I mean, let's be real, there are a lot of brains, mouths, and emotions going on under this one roof. (which, for an introvert, can prove to be a real challenge) #Lordhelpmedothiswellenough

Yes, I am fully aware that I will absolutely miss all this glorious white noise one day…which is why I light-heartedly make fun of my chaos, cut myself a little slack, and give myself permission to happily sit in this keeping room, at 10:04p.m., ALL alone, with nothing but the hum of the dishwasher, and the clicking of my laptop keys….and not be sorry a bit.





~stacey








No comments:

Post a Comment