Monday, November 2, 2015

~WonderfulWeekendRecap~

I got my 5 year old out of the tub last night. 

It was a late end to a wonderful, jam packed, exhausting, awesome weekend.

She sighs, looks at me with the sarcasm of a moody 14 year old and says,

"Ugh, I do NOT like Mondays."

I seriously do not think I say that….I mean, I don't. 
I may think it sometimes 
but I could never possibly say it out loud because I'm so self controlled like that...

I do, however, know for a FACT, that my big 3 say that very thing frequently. 

...so I'll blame it on them.

Friday, the girls got their school done….except Avery, whom I forced to save half of her Friday work for Monday because I had just SO much to do Friday that I could not possibly sit and teach school so she saved some school work for Monday which is most of the reason that today has been harder, longer, and worse than it otherwise would be which you should know that this is a blessing/curse of our school model. (I know that was a run-on sentence…..just for any of you who are mortified at the thought of my having anything to do with my kid's education….it was for effect….)

See? Here we are, real time, writing away. 
"Mom," she says, "I mean, what time is it? 
It feels like 11:00 at night." 
Thank you, time change…I pretty much despise you.



Back to Friday….we schooled for a bit, then we cleaned, picked up, and cleaned some more.

We were at the gym at 7:45 Saturday morning for gymnastics meet #1, home by 10:30, to put finishing touches on costumes, to get a little supper prep done,  and to get gymnast #2 ready for her meet. Got home from meet #2 at about 4:30, got kids dressed up, ate Brad's really good barbecue and enjoyed family, friends, football, and fellowship. 

There has never been a better Rosie The Riveter.




Being a Minion is ALWAYS a good idea. always.




This is Tiger Lily, who originally, was supposed 
to be the NEW Cinderella.
Saturday at about 4:32, Cinderella decided that since she had made her debut already and since she had spent the better part of Thursday in her blue gown, 
she thought she needed to dive into 
big sister's closet and be an Indian.
I, being on child #4, 
have learned a little about which battles to pick. 
SO.
We threw on that size 8, a little too big Indian dress, stuck a random set of feathers in her hair,
smeared four lipstick stripes on her cheeks and had the 
best night ever.

And the almost 14 year old boy that I love so much. 
God bless all the middle schoolers. 
They are all so funny and so great! 
~oh my heart!


we just finished supper, and are about to watch 
Come On Man, and then collect our girl from gymnastics.
THREE WEEKS TIL THANKSGIVING BREAK!
night night!
~stacey




No comments:

Post a Comment