Thursday, June 25, 2015

~TheThingAboutSummer~AndNotesOnBoston~

Here's the thing about summer.

It gives me the time to catch my breath

to reflect

to reevaluate

to consider what I'm doing

and why I'm doing it.

It gives me a moment to back up

to get a bird's eye view of our lifestyle choices

our schedules

our successes and short comings.

It affords me the moment to realize

that generally speaking,

we are a family of which this statement partially defines us:

"Out of sight, out of mind"

which is why, after our Bible time this morning,

i went to hobby lobby and bought two not particularly pretty, but just right chalkboards to mount on our mud room door.

the big one will be our "week at a glance" with our meal plan, our where to be, what to do,

and the small one will be our verse board.

seriously don't want to raise shallow Christians.

hiding His Word in your heart is one key to not being shallow.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the wake of the despicable, heart breaking shootings in the
Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church,

I'm reminded that pain in this world is inevitable

that I can't guarantee an outcome in most any situation

but I can certainly give my every breath to tell four little people in my home that:

"I will not be moved.
He has made me glad
and I'll say of the Lord,
'He is my Shield
my Strength
my Portion
Deliverer
my Shelter,
Strong Tower
my Very Present Help in Time of Need."




Boston....
it's a beautiful city
and one I would highly encourage you to visit.




Parking on Avery Street puts you less than a block from the start of Freedom Trail.
Which by the way, if you are walking Freedom Trail,(and I can't imagine why you wouldn't) wear tennis shoes and allow pretty much an entire day for this. 


If you are a lover of history, you will not be disappointed.

The North End Boston.
I promise you I am going back just to eat here.
I plan to spend an entire day eating at the coziest Italian spot I can find.
Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner.
I'll be fat when I get back.
But I won't even care.

Somewhere in Boston.
A stone's throw from Old North Church.
Which, in case you didn't know, 
is the church where the lanterns 
were lit to alert the colonist the Red Coats were coming.
"1 if by land, 2 if by sea."


We walked a.l.o.t. in Boston.
Daddy's finding our next stop.
Emma is just d.o.n.e.
Avery is Avery.


Go to Boston.
It's pretty great.
You'll be a little more patriotic when you leave.






~stacey









No comments:

Post a Comment