Sunday, April 20, 2014

~This Easter Weekend~

It was a wonderful weekend.
Family came.
Eggs got dyed, hidden, hunted, and found.
We ate lots of good food.
Dad shared a little Easter message with us Saturday night in the keeping room after supper.

We had a great morning of worship today at church.
Witnessed the baptism of a little girl by her sweet Daddy.
He was so tender hearted and she just couldn't go under quick enough.
It was the funniest, truest contrast.
The sweet simplistic, carefree "let's do this" nature of children.
The "I would die for you" passion a parent has for his child.
I've been reminded this week over and over that I am loved by my God
in the same way that (but exponentially more than)  I love my own children.

~~~I'm so incredibly grateful~~~













 









~I always love the outtakes the best~





~stacey

3 comments:

  1. waaaah!!! i'm just going to mourn the loss of xanga a minute here... seems i'm always missing your blog post now! :( well, anyway, fun to finally catch up a bit with your all's corner of the world. love the girls dresses and yours!! and those shoes. such a beautiful family~ i love that your parents are near you now. your mom is such a classy, elegant looking lady. and the shot you posted on instagram of being at the garden center with her.. just so precious to be raising your kids along side your parents. to have those memories. that's the saddest part of all to me living here - that my kids aren't having that with my parents. i hold onto the years they did have with them there and am grateful that the Lord gave us even that. the eggs turned out so pretty.. love the vibrant colors. it was fun trying the whole veggie dying thing but emma did say, "next year can we do it the normal way?" not nearly as gratifying dipping them in and seeing them instantly turn colors. ;)

    have a wonderful weekend, friend. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too!! xanga was a community…..I miss it.
      thanks for the compliments…..I did love my Easter shoes! ;-) got lucky the Thursday before and found them at Kohl's on clearance…..the ONLY pair my size.
      We lived away for 10 years, 6 of those were REALLY far away. Now, being only a few hours away, I consider that local. We just can't always have things like we want them can we? His plans are trustworthy.
      I loved your dyed eggs…..so cool. And chic. And organic. Tell Emma THAT! ;-)
      Hope your week is a good one…..we are counting the days til school is out.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete