Tuesday, March 25, 2014

~Free Girls~

I'm sitting here completely blank but I actually have a little time all to myself.
I wandered into our office/school room that is so nicely tucked away in a quiet part of our house. I have my amazing heater fan plugged in so I may never leave.

~Bills paid and Ballard catalog sufficiently flipped through.~
I'm on the hunt for patio furniture and found a set I like at Costco for the price of one piece in Ballard.
Wondering if the quality is any different.....Can't imagine that it is. Especially since we're talking about the Walls. The Walls have four kids and a cat.....so I'm thinkin' decent is good enough for the next 10 years or so.

Emma has a nasty cough and was such a trooper today. I drug her around the world.
We have an agreement that she will only suck her thumb at home so as you can imagine, being the addict that she is, is all of a sudden quite eager to get back home after a couple hours out and about.
"Mommy. I'm goin' to wash my hands so I can suck my thumb, okay? It needs more sucking."
She is happily on my bed, thumb in mouth, watching Paw Patrol.
Big three are upstairs playing.

I've been reminded this week how critical it is for me....for us (women in particular) to really deal with our issues.
I mean really do our absolute best to dig up the roots of the stuff in us that is not in the likeness of Christ and get it out.
My mom reminded me this morning of an old teaching that in summary is:

"If we don't slay the giants in our lives during our youth, 
we will still be fighting them in our old age."

For the sake of growth, which is way more attractive than stagnant immaturity. 
For the sake of our husbands, who deserve a better woman at 40 than they had at 20.
For the sake of our friends, who need support and unconditional love.
For the sake of our sons, who one day, will choose a wife.
For the sake of our daughters, who pick up on way more than you may ever think, 
.......we should be striving every day to be the women we hope for them to be.

~Free~






~stacey



No comments:

Post a Comment