Monday, October 25, 2010

~Dear Avery~


Monday, October 25, 2010

Dear Avery


Dear Avery,

How did you get to be five years old? You've grown up more in the last year than I ever thought you would.
You have graciously given up your place as the baby of the family to little Emma and  have taken on the role of big sister beautifully. In the eight months she has been a part of us, you have never once complained about the time she requires of me. You willingly help in any way I ask. 

You are also little sister and have learned how to stand your ground quite well. I remember something you said earlier this year that sums up a big part of your personality. I was giving the three of you some instructions about cleaning up the play room and said that Jake was in charge because he was the oldest. You, obviously frustrated, put your little hands on your hips and emphatically said,
 "When I get older, I am going to be in charge of EVERYTHING!"You can be so very serious with grown up worries. Like whether or not Daddy knows where your school is because you were "tired of telling him how to get there".
(and for the record, darlin, yes, Daddy knows how to get to your school thanks to your giving such good directions the first time he took you.)
The things you say make me laugh just about every day. One of the sweetest, funniest things you said recently that I want never to forget is,
"Mom, will I look ravishing in this?"
"Yes, you will." I replied trying hard not to laugh.
"Is that a good thing or a bad thing? What does ravishing mean? Does it mean beautiful?"
"You're exactly right." I told you.

ravishing [ˈrævɪʃɪŋ]

adj
delightful; lovely; entrancing
ravishingly  adv


You are just that. Delightful.
                                                 Lovely.
                                                           Entrancing.
















 


~stacey

No comments:

Post a Comment